Dental Cleanings in Spring Valley
As part of the patient's preventive dental healthcare routine, dental professionals advise dental cleanings at least once in every six months. Professional dental cleanings are a great way to thoroughly cleanse the oral cavity from potential germs or bacteria which regular home-care routines cannot remove. This also allows the dentist to examine areas of the oral cavity that may need more care and attention.
What can you expect during a typical dental cleaning session?
As the patient arrives at the office for their regular dental cleaning session, Dr. Most and the hygienist would help them receive diagnostic and preventive dental services. During the appointment, the dentist would also advise or educate the patient on good oral hygiene habits that you can routinely follow at home.
Diagnostic and preventive services:
- Systematic review and analysis of the patient's medical history to understand if any other healthcare problems may be directly impacting the patient's oral health.
- Setting up digital X-rays to examine the teeth (this helps to detect signs of decay or gum disease).
- Inspect the patient's gum tissue for signs of diseases.
- Evaluate if the patient suffers from any problems while chewing or swallowing.
- Professional dental cleanings help remove stains, plaque, and hard calculus, which regular cleaning cannot remove.
- Hygiene visits also provide children with dental sealants. Sealants are a thin plastic coating applied on the grooves and chewing surfaces that act like an enamel-shield.
- Recommend restorations such as crowns or fillings that are also part of the patient's hygiene visit.
- Hygiene visits would also allow the dentist to clean or re-adjust any existing restorations.
What are the possible benefits of routine preventive visits?
Routine dental cleanings are highly beneficial from a patient's point of view. Below are the benefits that the patient can expect from their routine dental visits:
- Prevents the loss of teeth
- Brightens the smile
- Freshens the breath
- Prevents the build-up of unwanted bacteria
- Saves the patient from undergoing expensive treatment
Be sure to have your routine dental cleanings with Dr. Most by requesting an appointment at Most Dental. Feel free to reach our office at (702) 871-0304 or schedule an appointment online.